Friday, September 24, 2010

Art Of The Chase

So, I'm driving through the Malibu Country Mart and this incredible vehicle catches my eye as I caught it's eye:
I know I've seen this art somewhere before but I can't place it and I LOVE IT!  It's covered in all sorts of positive sayings "Do What You Love", "Don't Do A Thing Just Because", "Remember Who You Are", etc.  I can't find the owner but I see a web address on the side and google it.  Turns out it's owned by an artist named Chase.  It's all coming together now- I've seen Chase's work all over Venice.  He does phenomenal Murals all over the world but the highest concentration is right here in LA.  I'm dying to visit his studio in Los Feliz and buy a painting for my house.  Chase's art is pure positive energy.  If you haven't seen his work, you can catch him and MANY other artists at the Artworks For A Cure benefit at Bergamot Station this Sunday, September 26th from 1-6.  It's presented by the T.J. Martell Foundation which provides grants for innovative, early stage research for the cause, treatment and cure of cancer, leukemia and AIDS.  There will be over 50 painters, sculptures and photographers, wine, music, live auction and cuisine by Crustacean Restaurant.  I wish I could be there, but unfortunately life is going to get in the way of this one... I'll have to chase him down another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment